On October 19th I had the pleasure of hearing Daymond John of FUBU and Shark Tank speak at the COSE Small Business Conference. He shared a lot of really valuable business insights including his 5 Shark Tips. I'd like to pass them on here.
1. Set Goals - you can't hit a target if you can't see it.
2. Homework - life is 20% what happens to you and 80% how you respond to it. Do your homework. Understand your product, your industry, your prospect base.
3. Amore - do what you love!
4. Remember YOU are the brand way before anything else. Master your elevator pitch. Make sure it's informative, decisive, and makes other people feel they are missing out if they don't engage with you.
5. Keep moving - success/sacrifice is giving up something of lesser value for something of greater value.
Some really great things to keep in mind as you travel your path. They may sound simple - that's the beauty! There are no magic beans. Just common sense and stick-to-it-iveness.